Write Now Rebekah
Latest Blog Posts »
- I forgot to 'fill the shoe' 2 weeks ago Here in the Netherlands, it’s a thrilling time of year for the smalls. Sinterklaas fever is high. In mid-November, Sint and his helpers, called ‘Piets’, arrive from Spain by boat. At night, they put sugar and tack treats in the Dutch kids’ shoes. My kids get very excited ‘putting their...
- The year I killed Santa 3 weeks ago "Sweetheart, only take sweets from strange men at Christmas. OK?!" Continue reading →
- Ground Zero 2 months ago When we moved to the Netherlands we had a tiny baby and 2 year old in tow. Our lives were already, in the nicest possible way; a fucking full-on, daily shit-show of survival and insanity. Arriving in our new country we had a blissful few days in a hotel, waiting for our stuff to arrive and playing...
- Lessons 4 months ago Five mini tales of taal One I’m in Dutch evening class, trying to write a short story with another student. We’re so drained from our day, that between us, we just about make one functioning human. Our word order is scrambled. We guesstimate tenses. Butcher pronunciation. Dutch spelling takes...
- Wild card 4 months ago There’s a fabulous Dutch thing of having a petting zoo in each town. We’ve one in ours, and I adore it. It’s pretty magical. It feels like a green blessing to be able to walk out of the town, straight into a heavenly slice of countryside. Colossal chestnut trees tower over the farm....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on Write Now Rebekah
12:01 PM August 24, 2018
Love these posts from the entertaining blog of expat life and parenting. They are funny, honest and a bit quirky! My favorite blog of all.
12:15 PM August 24, 2018
Always look forward to reading the next adventure that Rebekah writes about. Her musings are wonderfully written, amusing and draw pictures in my head. Makes me want to visit Holland again and see it through her eyes
12:18 PM August 24, 2018
Loving this lady’s writing. All these experiences are so close to home,only I would not be able express myself so well. Reading her blog put a smile on my face. Looking forward to the next one.
12:26 PM August 24, 2018
Mostly hilarious, often moving and always wonderfully written observations and tales of parenthood that are utterly relatable and offer a brilliant flavour of what it’s like to undergo the usual challenges (to sanity!) that kids bring, with the added hurdle of doing so in a new country whilst adapting to its culture. Thoroughly worth using the rare quiet moments I get to read, laugh out loud and sometimes feel a bit leaky in the eye area. Highly recommended reading and of manageable length for my tired weary Mum eyes!
12:27 PM August 24, 2018
A very funny writer with even funnier kids. Love reading their suburban adventures.
12:43 PM August 24, 2018
Blimmin’ hilarious. And I’d imagine, if you’re living the Dutch dream too, pretty useful.
20:45 PM August 24, 2018
I have total admiration for this crazy family, bringing up their wonderfully interesting children in the Netherlands. Thanks Rebekah for sharing your daily challenges so eloquently, and giving us all a giggle at the same time. This blog is like a good boxset. I can't wait to read the next instalment.
21:15 PM August 24, 2018
Reading this blog always brightens up my day!!
21:28 PM August 24, 2018
Love to read your blog .... so clear and funny ...
12:19 PM August 25, 2018
Highly entertaining and well written blogs. Rebekah captures her family moments beautifully and most mom’s can relate! Look forward to many more!!