La Brutta Figura
Latest Blog Posts »
- Emma Thompson becomes honorary citizen of Venice 2 months ago Oscar-winning actress Emma Thompson and her husband, actor Greg Wise, realised a dream of a lifetime when they became honorary citizens of the city of Venice on Thursday. They presented… The post Emma Thompson becomes honorary citizen of Venice appeared first on La Brutta Figura.
- New overtourism measures in Venice to track mobile phones 2 months ago Venetian authorities have introduced new, and some might say draconian, measures in the latest bid to combat overtourism. In time for Carnival celebrations, cameras have been installed in heavily populated areas and… The post New overtourism measures in Venice to track mobile phones appeared...
- It's not just Venice: lagoon fishing areas are 'on their knees' 5 months ago The plight of the lagoon city has been making international headlines over the past few weeks after the second highest tide since records began hit the city. Donations have been… The post It’s not just Venice: lagoon fishing areas are ‘on their knees’ appeared first on La Brutta Figura.
- Snobby and Uninformed: 'Aperol Spritz is Not a Good Drink' 11 months ago The New York Times recently published the attention-grabbing article ‘Aperol Spritz is not a good drink’. Unfortunately, author Peppler’s attempt to demonstrate some kind of elevation of taste only succeeds… The post Snobby and Uninformed: ‘Aperol Spritz is Not a Good Drink’ appeared...
- Scintillating Vegetables: A Letter to the New York Times 1 year ago I have lost track of the number of articles I have read professing to reveal the secrets to finding good, cheap food in Venice, in other words ‘eating like a… The post Scintillating Vegetables: A Letter to the New York Times appeared first on La Brutta Figura.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on La Brutta Figura
21:41 PM October 13, 2016
Excellent, informative blog crammed with useful tips that you wouldn't find in a guidebook!!