Latest Blog Posts »
- Donovaly, Low Tatras 1 year ago Less than 2 hours from our home in Slovakia is the small town of Donovaly on the edge of the Low Tatras National Park. At 960m it is not particularly high but its situation in a valley between the High Fatras and the Low Tatras creates a cold microclimate. With only 11km of […]
- Bowie's Berlin 2 years ago In late 1976 David Bowie and Iggy Pop moved in to a flat in the largely Turkish immigrant area of Schöneberg in Berlin – Hauptstraße 155. They moved here to escape the drug culture of Los Angeles, via a short stay in Switzerland. Rumour has it that in 2021, five years after his death, […]
- Szentendre 2 years ago After passing through Esztergom, the Danube flows through a 90 degree turn as it heads south to Budapest. This beautiful stretch of the river is known as the Danube Bend, and features some charming little towns and beautiful scenery. The last of these towns before the river heads to Budapest...
- Slovensky Raj 2 years ago The Slovensky Raj (Slovak paradise) is part of the Carpathian mountain range in Eastern Slovakia rising to almost 1300m. It is very popular with hikers as it has a number of unusual routes through gorges and waterfalls. Notable and rare animals include the brown bear, golden eagle, common...
- Buffalo reserve, Kápolnapuszta 2 years ago Close to the Balaton Lake area of Hungary is the largest collect of buffalo in the country at Kápolnapuszta. The buffalo is one of the oldest Hungarian animal breeds (the Indian Water Buffalo), and here they roam freely in 120 hectares of fields and occasionally pose for pictures in the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » andmoreagain has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!