The REAL Costa Rica Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Swan Lake is Coming Again to Costa Rica 1 year ago … and I am delighted to say that we have just gotten our tickets! Even better is that it is coming to The Teatro Nacional, a showplace theater if ever there was one. This ballet is certainly one of the greatest ever written, and the music is beyond compare. Whether you are living here in […]
- Same Sex Marriage Arrives in Costa Rica 1 year ago While difficult for many to believe in this pre-dominantly Catholic country, the Supreme Court of Costa Rica has determined that the existing law banning same sex marriage is unconstitutional. The Tribunal Supremo de Elecciones (TSE) confirmed that, due to the decision of the court, citizens will...
- Hungry? Hate Traffic? Try Uber Eats Costa Rica 1 year ago A few weeks ago I decided to give a try to Uber Eats. This is an offshoot of Uber, the ride sharing folks that I use often for convenience, security, pricing, and pleasant drivers! Uber Eats will pick up your food from a ton of restaurants and deliver them directly to your door (or your […]
- Two of Many Crawly Things in Costa Rica 1 year ago I get a number of emails from people concerned about the large assortment of bugs, bichos, and various creepy crawly things found here. Millipedes and centipedes are near the top of the list, though snakes always rank number one. Cucarachas (cockroaches) too are popular ! So when I came across...
- Costa Rica Attracts Some Strange People! 1 year ago I long ago gave up watching ANY US news station. If it’s not outright fake news, it is so heavily biased either to the point of view of the network or the reporter to make it all but useless. They are ALL guilty. Enter the BBC! I get all BBC channels (and there […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The REAL Costa Rica Blog
18:12 PM September 28, 2013
Tim's blog and web site is one the most informative out there. He tells it as it is with out the "pura vida" icing. I believe he provides sound advice and a comprehensive look at what a person can expect when moving to Costa Rica.
00:22 AM December 31, 2013
Tim's website and blog got us to Costa Rica and we have never looked back. He is so honest and informative, and thanks to him, we have been able to avoid many of the culture shocks he warned us about. We love our new home and we credit Tim and all his brutal, but necessary info for our smooth transition. His tour is not fun, but I highly recommend it if you are thinking of moving here or to any Latin American country.
18:03 PM January 20, 2014
Thank goodness for your honesty. Contemplating this move is a major decision.