bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
Latest Blog Posts »
- Secret Rooftop Garden at the Wan Chai Ferry Pier 4 days ago Technically this is not a secret, but practically it does not seem to be known much. The Wan Chai Ferry Pier has three levels – the first floor is the entry point to the Star Ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui and the Star Ferry Harbour Tour. On the second floor is a Japanese Sushi restaurant… Continue...
- The iconic Star Ferry 1 week ago It is in every guide book, and with every reason. The Star Ferry is a fantastic way to travel across the harbour from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island and vice versa. My kids love it and so do I. The Star Ferry has been running for more than hundred years.Up to 1978 when the Cross-Harbour… Continue...
- Review: Planet J Kids Indoor Playroom 1 week ago One of the newer indoor playrooms in Hong Kong is inside the shopping mall Windsor House in Causeway Bay. It is called Planet J Kids and is located on Floor 13. On the one hand this is very convenient in the heart of the shopping district, but of course, on the other hand this means… Continue...
- First visit to Tai Kwun (Part 2): Prison Yard 2 weeks ago After exploring the Parade Ground, it was time to head up through the Barracks Block and enter the Prison Yard, where the Victoria Prison was once located. This was the first and longest-running prison to date in Hong Kong, it opened in 1841 and is said to be the first western building constructed...
- First visit to Tai Kwun (Part 1): Parade Ground 3 weeks ago Tai Kwun means big police station – and it is also the most recent heritage site that opened on May 28, 2018 in Hong Kong. The Tai Kwun Centre for Heritage and Arts is in the heart of the City, on Hollywood Road, and it has been a building site for many years, after the… Continue reading First...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
17:33 PM May 02, 2014
Have been reading Ruth's blog for a while. As a local Chinese, reading her blogs enabled me to love the town much, and enlightened me to see the town in another way round. Her hiking posts，lovely dinning review and interesting photo sharings shows real Hong Kong that fewlocal can compete with. Ruth has an pair of eyes for beautiful, unique scenes in HK. Thank god I find her blog!
12:19 PM May 13, 2014
Bluebalu is the first website, blog, guide and reference site I give to any friend traveling to Hong Kong or Asia. Ruth has fantastic restaurant reviews, local stories and cultural insights. Even though I've never been to Hong Kong I still find the blog posts very interesting and educational. I only wish she had a blog for the city I live in!
08:50 AM May 16, 2014
As a newcomer to Hong Kong about a year ago, I discovered Ruth's blog my first month here and it's been my go-to blog ever since! Whether I want to know which hike to go on or which sushi/ramen place is best or even where I should plan my next trip, I look to Ruth's blog for advice. It's a one stop shop for all-things Hong Kong and Asia - I have never been steered wrong!
19:14 PM June 11, 2014
Ruth's blog is the perfect mix of informative advice, education and inspiring photography. It makes me want to do and discover everything she has! For me, as an outsider looking into Hong Kong, Ruth provides a great insider's view looking out. She spots and shares the small details that inspire you to do, try and taste things you would never have considered before! Anyone visiting or exploring Hong Kong or wider Asia should take some time to read Ruth's blog and benefit from her tips to get the most out of this fantastic city and region!