bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
Latest Blog Posts »
- Family guide: 72 hours in Penang 3 months ago It was our first time to Penang and we did not know what to expect, but we were blown away by the sheer beauty of this island. It has such lush green vegetation, plentiful fruits and spices, lots of quiet corners to explore – and on the other hand, bustling Georgetown with its...
- Origami Kids Cafe 3 months ago Origami Kids Cafe is a mix of indoor playroom and a cafe for little ones between the ages of 0-7 years. It sits on top of the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal in Kowloon Bay, which is a fun location on a clear, sunny day as the kids can run around the top deck of the… Continue reading Origami Kids Cafe
- Review: Samsen 4 months ago Samsen is our long-time favourite Thai restaurant. It is run by Chef Adam Cliff, who left Chachawan, in late 2015 to open this place. Samsen is everything but your average Thai. It is intimate and small (with only 35 seats, some at the counter) and the menu focuses mainly on boat noodles, stir...
- Tuen Mun Playground 5 months ago This has been on our to do list since the playground opened in Dec 2018… it is a new, first barrier-free play space for children in Hong Kong, which features water and sand play areas. What is a great idea, and should be available in many parks (but is not) has been realised in this… Continue...
- Family guide: 48 hours in Macau 4 months ago Macau is a great location for a trip away from Hong Kong – and it is easy to do with kids. All you need is a passport and some spare time! 1/ How to get there: Macau is just 65km and an hour ferry ride away. It is easy to reach via the frequent ferries… Continue reading Family guide: 48 hours...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
17:33 PM May 02, 2014
Have been reading Ruth's blog for a while. As a local Chinese, reading her blogs enabled me to love the town much, and enlightened me to see the town in another way round. Her hiking posts，lovely dinning review and interesting photo sharings shows real Hong Kong that fewlocal can compete with. Ruth has an pair of eyes for beautiful, unique scenes in HK. Thank god I find her blog!
12:19 PM May 13, 2014
Bluebalu is the first website, blog, guide and reference site I give to any friend traveling to Hong Kong or Asia. Ruth has fantastic restaurant reviews, local stories and cultural insights. Even though I've never been to Hong Kong I still find the blog posts very interesting and educational. I only wish she had a blog for the city I live in!
08:50 AM May 16, 2014
As a newcomer to Hong Kong about a year ago, I discovered Ruth's blog my first month here and it's been my go-to blog ever since! Whether I want to know which hike to go on or which sushi/ramen place is best or even where I should plan my next trip, I look to Ruth's blog for advice. It's a one stop shop for all-things Hong Kong and Asia - I have never been steered wrong!
19:14 PM June 11, 2014
Ruth's blog is the perfect mix of informative advice, education and inspiring photography. It makes me want to do and discover everything she has! For me, as an outsider looking into Hong Kong, Ruth provides a great insider's view looking out. She spots and shares the small details that inspire you to do, try and taste things you would never have considered before! Anyone visiting or exploring Hong Kong or wider Asia should take some time to read Ruth's blog and benefit from her tips to get the most out of this fantastic city and region!