bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
Latest Blog Posts »
- Visit to the Big Buddha 1 year ago The kids have never been to the Tian Tan Buddha in Lantau Island, and we figured it might be a nice day out for the whole family – so off we went! I had been a few times, but the last times must have been in 2011/2012, and I wasn’t sure how much the surroundings… Continue reading Visit to the...
- Hong Kong Science Museum 1 year ago The Hong Kong Science Museum is an all-time favourite with my kids – despite the fact that some areas could do with an overhaul! But the good thing is that the museum keeps updating and changing, without actually closing its doors. The museum has four floors filled with exhibits, and lots of...
- Urban getaway: Deep Water Bay 1 year ago Deep Water Bay is not the most beautiful beach in Hong Kong – but it is so easy to reach. It is just on the other side of the Aberdeen tunnel, and takes less than 15 minutes to reach from Causeway Bay. Minibus 40 is a quick and good option, otherwise taxis will take you… Continue reading Urban...
- Exploring Stanley 1 year ago We love to go to Stanley on the weekend – we usually go there in the afternoon, take the kids and just stroll down the water promenade. We start by walking through the market, but usually we do not buy anything (except if we are looking for Chinese New Year costumes for the kids) and… Continue...
- Signal Hill Signal Tower 1 year ago Just when I thought I had seen almost everything in Tsim Sha Tsui, I read about the Signal Hill Signal Tower and realised that I have no idea where it is. The Signal Tower sits in a small park and its entrance is at Minden Row. It is very close to the Middle Road Children’s… Continue reading...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
17:33 PM May 02, 2014
Have been reading Ruth's blog for a while. As a local Chinese, reading her blogs enabled me to love the town much, and enlightened me to see the town in another way round. Her hiking posts，lovely dinning review and interesting photo sharings shows real Hong Kong that fewlocal can compete with. Ruth has an pair of eyes for beautiful, unique scenes in HK. Thank god I find her blog!
12:19 PM May 13, 2014
Bluebalu is the first website, blog, guide and reference site I give to any friend traveling to Hong Kong or Asia. Ruth has fantastic restaurant reviews, local stories and cultural insights. Even though I've never been to Hong Kong I still find the blog posts very interesting and educational. I only wish she had a blog for the city I live in!
08:50 AM May 16, 2014
As a newcomer to Hong Kong about a year ago, I discovered Ruth's blog my first month here and it's been my go-to blog ever since! Whether I want to know which hike to go on or which sushi/ramen place is best or even where I should plan my next trip, I look to Ruth's blog for advice. It's a one stop shop for all-things Hong Kong and Asia - I have never been steered wrong!
19:14 PM June 11, 2014
Ruth's blog is the perfect mix of informative advice, education and inspiring photography. It makes me want to do and discover everything she has! For me, as an outsider looking into Hong Kong, Ruth provides a great insider's view looking out. She spots and shares the small details that inspire you to do, try and taste things you would never have considered before! Anyone visiting or exploring Hong Kong or wider Asia should take some time to read Ruth's blog and benefit from her tips to get the most out of this fantastic city and region!