bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
Latest Blog Posts »
- Exquisite Christmas miniatures at Times Square 2 months ago I love the Christmas decorations across Hong Kong, every shopping mall tries to outdo the others – and this time one of my and my children’s favourites is the Exquisite Christmas exhibition at Hong Kong Times Square. It is free of charge, runs from 10am to 10pm until January 1, 2019 and is a...
- Hong Kong Disneyland in the run-up to Christmas 2 months ago Christmas is magical, and so is Hong Kong Disneyland at Christmas time. We went a couple of days ago, and the kids loved it. In fact, we all enjoyed the decorations, which are just marvellous. There are also plenty of happenings to make the visit even more memorable: (1) Fake snow. Yes it is...
- Hong Kong Forest Adventures 2 months ago Two words: Outdoor playground. It should be so easy, but unfortunately it is not that easy here in Hong Kong. There are not many places that you can let your kids explore the surroundings and just play at a playground that is flexible, lets them independently choose what they do and learn to...
- Ark Eden in Mui Wo 2 months ago We’ve been to Mui Wo several times in the past, but we’ve never been to Ark Eden. This is an outdoor camp, in the mountains of Lantau. Actually, not sure if I should call it a camp – it is much more than that. The team running it does much more than taking out city… Continue reading Ark...
- Second hand clothes: Greenladies and Greenlittle 5 months ago Yes, this is a second-hand store – but what a cool one! Greenladies and Greenlittle is a store on the first floor in the CC Wu Building in Wan Chai and is part of the St. James’ Settlement. It is the first Greenladies shop that includes a second hand section for little ones, and it has lots...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
17:33 PM May 02, 2014
Have been reading Ruth's blog for a while. As a local Chinese, reading her blogs enabled me to love the town much, and enlightened me to see the town in another way round. Her hiking posts，lovely dinning review and interesting photo sharings shows real Hong Kong that fewlocal can compete with. Ruth has an pair of eyes for beautiful, unique scenes in HK. Thank god I find her blog!
12:19 PM May 13, 2014
Bluebalu is the first website, blog, guide and reference site I give to any friend traveling to Hong Kong or Asia. Ruth has fantastic restaurant reviews, local stories and cultural insights. Even though I've never been to Hong Kong I still find the blog posts very interesting and educational. I only wish she had a blog for the city I live in!
08:50 AM May 16, 2014
As a newcomer to Hong Kong about a year ago, I discovered Ruth's blog my first month here and it's been my go-to blog ever since! Whether I want to know which hike to go on or which sushi/ramen place is best or even where I should plan my next trip, I look to Ruth's blog for advice. It's a one stop shop for all-things Hong Kong and Asia - I have never been steered wrong!
19:14 PM June 11, 2014
Ruth's blog is the perfect mix of informative advice, education and inspiring photography. It makes me want to do and discover everything she has! For me, as an outsider looking into Hong Kong, Ruth provides a great insider's view looking out. She spots and shares the small details that inspire you to do, try and taste things you would never have considered before! Anyone visiting or exploring Hong Kong or wider Asia should take some time to read Ruth's blog and benefit from her tips to get the most out of this fantastic city and region!