bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
Latest Blog Posts »
- Second hand clothes: Greenladies and Greenlittle 6 days ago Yes, this is a second-hand store – but what a cool one! Greenladies and Greenlittle is a store on the first floor in the CC Wu Building in Wan Chai and is part of the St. James’ Settlement. It is the first Greenladies shop that includes a second hand section for little ones, and it has lots...
- City Gallery Museum 2 weeks ago City Gallery is an exhibition centre about the planning and development of Hong Kong. It is located at Edinburgh Place in Central – and I only stumbled upon it by sheer luck. We went to see a photography exhibition at the City Hall and that’s when we noticed the City Gallery next door. It is…...
- Children's Discovery Museum 3 weeks ago While visiting Fun Zone in North Point, we noticed the signage for the Children’s Discovery Museum. At that moment, the Children’s Discovery Museum was not open, but it will open its doors on September 19, 2018. The tickets are 90HKD (weekdays) / 110HKD (weekends/public holidays) for kids up...
- Fun Zone Island East Playroom 1 month ago We’re looking for plenty of indoor play opportunities, now that it is rainy season and so hot/humid here in Hong Kong. That’s why we gave Fun Zone in North Point a try. This is one of the smaller play rooms, and it has been established for a while. It is on Marble Road 33 in… Continue reading...
- Pre-nursery / Daycare: Mass International 1 month ago It is so hard to find a daycare place in Hong Kong – but I was very lucky: Lina attended MASS International in 2016/2017. This is an international kindergarten in Tai Hang, which focuses on English and Mandarin, and it looks after children from a very young age: from about 8 weeks old (yes...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on bluebalu: Living in Hong Kong
17:33 PM May 02, 2014
Have been reading Ruth's blog for a while. As a local Chinese, reading her blogs enabled me to love the town much, and enlightened me to see the town in another way round. Her hiking posts，lovely dinning review and interesting photo sharings shows real Hong Kong that fewlocal can compete with. Ruth has an pair of eyes for beautiful, unique scenes in HK. Thank god I find her blog!
12:19 PM May 13, 2014
Bluebalu is the first website, blog, guide and reference site I give to any friend traveling to Hong Kong or Asia. Ruth has fantastic restaurant reviews, local stories and cultural insights. Even though I've never been to Hong Kong I still find the blog posts very interesting and educational. I only wish she had a blog for the city I live in!
08:50 AM May 16, 2014
As a newcomer to Hong Kong about a year ago, I discovered Ruth's blog my first month here and it's been my go-to blog ever since! Whether I want to know which hike to go on or which sushi/ramen place is best or even where I should plan my next trip, I look to Ruth's blog for advice. It's a one stop shop for all-things Hong Kong and Asia - I have never been steered wrong!
19:14 PM June 11, 2014
Ruth's blog is the perfect mix of informative advice, education and inspiring photography. It makes me want to do and discover everything she has! For me, as an outsider looking into Hong Kong, Ruth provides a great insider's view looking out. She spots and shares the small details that inspire you to do, try and taste things you would never have considered before! Anyone visiting or exploring Hong Kong or wider Asia should take some time to read Ruth's blog and benefit from her tips to get the most out of this fantastic city and region!