Drinking Coffee Elsewhere: Mongolia
Latest Blog Posts »
- Expatriatism 5 years ago Originally posted on The Dish: by Dish Staff A reader addresses Jonah’s piece on living abroad for several years in Jordan: Thank you for sharing your experience. I went to Beirut, Lebanon from my US university as a third-year student in 1974, interested in history and archaeology. During the...
- Summer Travel in Central Mongolia 5 years ago After leaving this beautiful camp, our base during Naadam, we headed southwest for six days along the “Heartland Circuit.” One of our first stops was near the Khogno Khaan Natural Reserve, where we hiked up a sacred mountain, respectfully, and saw ruins of the Uvgun Monastery. Mongolia’s...
- Meanwhile, In Mongolian SRHR Advocacy... 5 years ago As noted earlier, July = summer = vacation time here in Mongolia, and we are delighted to have friends visiting and time to (finally) explore the Mongolian countryside. But these past few weeks also have been very busy for me at work. As the lone non-Mongolian on the team, I’m the main point of...
- The Down Side of Naadam 5 years ago As is clear by now, I really love the Mongolian horses, and one of the most fun parts of a small-town Naadam was having horses all around us. People just seemed to bring ’em along from wherever they came from and were riding all over town. Horses were tied up by the food tents like […]
- Naadam Festival, Ulaanbaatar 2014 5 years ago Originally posted on Alba Saura Manzanares: ? Mongòlia és un país desconegut per a la majoria de nosaltres tot i tenir una història mil.lenària la mar d’interessant i una cultura rica i molt ben conservada al llarg dels segles. Enguany he tingut l’oportunitat de viure a Ulaanbaatar...
Contest Entries »
- From Malaysia to Mongolia: A Few Expat Tips Expat Blog Awards 2013 A Three-Month Retrospective: Some Things to Know in Case You're in That Tiny Group of People Who Move from Malaysia to Mongolia:1. Forget the calendar -- no matter that it may still be warm in much of the northern hemisphere -- and put those...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Mongolia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Mongolia!Copy and paste code to display the Mongolia Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Drinking Coffee Elsewhere: Mongolia
14:58 PM December 15, 2013
So well written, funny, poignant and making me ready to hop on the next plane to a place where a warm day is zero Fahrenheit.
16:01 PM December 15, 2013
Love this blog! Life in Mongolia is described with rich detail and it covers a wide range of topics! I can't wait for the next post!!!
05:02 AM December 17, 2013
I love this blog. It is not only informative but it is funny. It is always good to read about people who have a sense of humor about their situation and are able to see the quirky delightful side of life. Plus I am learning a lot about Mongolia. Who knew Mongolia had smog....or gay people...or small horses... I love this blog!
21:25 PM December 17, 2013
Love the blog....so descriptive...and makes you feel as though you know the country and what it is like to live there....anxious to read whenever I receive it