The Culture Blend
Latest Blog Posts »
- Ten Years of The Culture Blend 2 months ago Ten years ago today I hit “publish” for the first time. I had no clue. I had no clear agenda. No long term goal. No 10 step plan for optimizing SEO, driving traffic, managing bounce rate, or maximizing widgets. I barely knew what a blog was. I just knew that cultures, smashing together, mixing,...
- The High Hidden Cost of Constant Transition 6 months ago If you are running, leading, investing in, managing, or somehow otherwise involved in the oversight of an international business, team, or organization, someone in your group is shoveling money out the window. You should do something about that. Transitory teams are built on the principle of the...
- Pandemics are Stupid (and other things I learned about transition in a 2020 global move) 7 months ago I’m a Transition Specialist. I know because that’s what is on my business cards — which are outdated — and in a suitcase — on a ship — somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea. Feels like a metaphor for my life right now. My role is to know things. Important things like how to move from […]
- Dear China: A note from a thankful expat 10 months ago Dear China, You’re so much better at goodbyes than I am but let’s try to get through this ok? When we first met I was so intimidated by you. You were bigger than life, older than Moses, and more confusing than puberty. But you were so welcoming. I can’t say I felt at home right […]
- "Yeah, but you're not Black" 10 months ago How does a White father from the United States, raising his Black son in China talk about the news this week? That’s not rhetorical. It’s not hypothetical? I’m asking. Because I don’t know. What I do know is that I’m not the only parent this week scrambling for the right answers with a...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Culture Blend has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!