The Culture Blend
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Note to Expat Dads. Don't be that guy. 1 day ago Dude. If your wife is making you read this . . . sorry . . . but you probably should. There might be a quiz before bed tonight. If you’re an expat dad you should know this — you’ve been stereotyped. Don’t worry — this probably doesn’t apply to you at all . . . […]
- Expat Wrestling Season: The internal clash between staying and going 1 week ago It’s here again. Wrestling season. For the expats. Here’s the backstory . . . for the rest of you. Expats don’t stay forever. We come and go. “Transience” is our middle name and there is a revolving door at the airport. This one simple truth produces about 83 super significant gaps...
- The importance of things that don't change when everything else does -or- The day my son saved his dog from his dad 3 months ago No animals were harmed in the posting of this blog. I’m pretty proud of that. My mother crocheted this basketball for me more than 35 years ago. For context, she was the most gracious, tender, sweet, kind-hearted, loving knockoff artist and brand thief that has ever lived. This ball was her...
- When your last goodbye was your last goodbye: Processing death and life abroad 5 months ago “Jesus looked up in the tree and said, ‘Zacchaeus, you come down . . . and I’ll give you a Snicker bar.'” -ME: circa 1976 Mary Musgrave loved that story. Not the Zacchaeus one, the one about me rewriting the Bible so it made more sense. I can’t count how many times she retold […]
- "I'm not breaking my kids" and other things expats would like to say 11 months ago Dear people who love people who live in faraway places, Maybe you should sit down for this. There are some things you should know. Simple things really, but your faraway people haven’t quite been able to sneak it into the conversation without making it completely awkward just yet. Here are...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Culture Blend has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!