The Culture Blend
Latest Blog Posts »
- Dear China: A note from a thankful expat 3 weeks ago Dear China, You’re so much better at goodbyes than I am but let’s try to get through this ok? When we first met I was so intimidated by you. You were bigger than life, older than Moses, and more confusing than puberty. But you were so welcoming. I can’t say I felt at home right […]
- "Yeah, but you're not Black" 1 month ago How does a White father from the United States, raising his Black son in China talk about the news this week? That’s not rhetorical. It’s not hypothetical? I’m asking. Because I don’t know. What I do know is that I’m not the only parent this week scrambling for the right answers with a...
- The Best Things About COVID19 2 months ago How do you even begin to write a blog post with that title? Feels like walking through a minefield of potentially explosive offensiveness and miscommunication while word-twisting snipers lurk in the trees all around. “Did you see that blog post? Some idiot said COVID is good!” Nope. Didn’t....
- Stop Thief: Getting back what COVID19 has stolen 2 months ago COVID 19 is a dirty, rotten criminal. Ironically, not even a smooth one. It snuck in and no one saw it coming, but it made a bunch of noise and stayed way too long. Got greedy. Got cocky. Thought it could take everything. Got news for you COVID … you don’t get everything. Not even […]
- 3 Seconds of Insane Courage: A Tribute to Caleb Meakins 4 months ago “The problem isn’t fear. It’s being stopped by fear.” – Caleb Meakins One year ago my stomach was in my throat and my heart was about to beat out of my chest. I was weighing out a decision that was wrenching my guts. It was one of those “this could be beautiful, amazing, and so […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Culture Blend has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!