The Culture Blend
Latest Blog Posts »
- When your last goodbye was your last goodbye: Processing death and life abroad 3 weeks ago “Jesus looked up in the tree and said, ‘Zacchaeus, you come down . . . and I’ll give you a Snicker bar.'” -ME: circa 1976 Mary Musgrave loved that story. Not the Zacchaeus one, the one about me rewriting the Bible so it made more sense. I can’t count how many times she retold […]
- "I'm not breaking my kids" and other things expats would like to say 7 months ago Dear people who love people who live in faraway places, Maybe you should sit down for this. There are some things you should know. Simple things really, but your faraway people haven’t quite been able to sneak it into the conversation without making it completely awkward just yet. Here are...
- Unshelving Your Aspirations: A ridiculously effective alternative to New Year's Resolutions 8 months ago I’ve got a cupboard full of aspirations. You too? Projects. Dreams. Grand intentions and great ideas that line up perfectly with my life’s purpose. Some ideas are a quick flash and then gone — they die crumpled up at the bottom of my computer bag or lost in a hard drive abyss. Others...
- How to Make Expats Fight: The Conversation About Learning a New Language 8 months ago Hey, want to start a fight? Get expats talking about language learning. Not the new ones. They all agree. “We can’t WAIT to start speaking (insert language here)!! It’s gonna’ be great!” They high five and chest bump each other as if one day soon they’re going to blink and be...
- Pillars and Bricks: The Values Clash of Expat Wanderers and the Homebodies Who Love Them 9 months ago Macu ic If you’re reading this you are a most likely a pillar or a brick. If you’re a pillar you may have some bricks in your life who don’t make a lick of sense to you. If you’re a brick . . . well . . . keep reading. My father is […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Culture Blend has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!