Blend in and Frown
Latest Blog Posts »
- Final Post 6 years ago Since I’m no longer living abroad, I thought I’d fill this final post with some images from my time abroad. Thanks to all who read and enjoyed. Advertisements
- Viennese Inferiority Complex 7 years ago Vienna’s Inferiority Complex In the book Café Europa, Slavenka Drakulic claims that, wherever you go in eastern Europe, you see places naming themselves Europe, Paris, London, New York. They do this, she says, because they have want to show that … Continue reading →
- Central Europe and Its Lunatic, Haphazard Cathedrals 7 years ago St Mary’s Cathedral, Krakow, Poland. First built in the 1220s. Destroyed. Rebuilt in Gothic style, 1320s. Windows added 1350s. Vaulting added, early 1400s. Chapels added, mid 1400s. 1700s, interior gutted and redone in Baroque. St. Stephen’s Cathedral, Vienna, Austria. … Continue reading...
- Dogs, Danger, and Developing Nations 7 years ago It’s a glorious day to explore in Oshweitheim (phonetic name). The sun is shining on the squat Polish houses, the inhabitants of this small town are wandering around with their lunches and children in tow, and everywhere flowers are turning … Continue reading →
- There's A Spider on My Bed: Life With the Window Open 7 years ago There’s a Spider on My Bed: Life with the Window Open Take One: a cricket in a dorm shower. AHHH!! Shit, shit, shit, shoes, need a shoe, STOMP. Take Two: A month in at the Czech Republic, a spider on … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Blend in and Frown has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!