How to Japanese
Latest Blog Posts »
- Expressing 自分 with 自分 17 hours ago I was in the Japan Times last week with a close look at some of the Japanese in the Queer Eye episodes on Netflix that were set in Japan: “Being your best self in spoken Japanese with the cast of … Continue reading →
- How to Japanese Podcast S01E10 - Adam Evanko - McDonald's in Japan, Translation Project Management, Video Game Production, Monster Hunter 3 weeks ago Adam Evanko is the creative mind behind the Gaijinhunter YouTube account where he’s built up over 280,000 subscribers. He’s also an incredibly lucid communicator and diligent student. We discuss his early time studying Japanese, his work at McDonald’s and a … Continue reading →
- How to Japanese Podcast - S01E09 - Shaun McKenna - JET Program, Journalism in Japan, The Art of the Pitch 1 month ago Shaun McKenna is the Deputy Manager of the Life & Culture Division of the Japan Times. He came on the How to Japanese Podcast to talk about his experience studying Japanese while teaching on JET and the transition to journalism. … Continue reading →
- How to Japanese Podcast - S01E08 - Kristi Fernandez - Translation Twitter, Light Novels and Manga, Translation Process 1 month ago Kristi Fernandez has translated a number of light novels, manga, and drama. She’s also the creator of the group Japanese Translators of New York and a champion for translators on Twitter. We talked Japanese study and light novel translation for … Continue reading →
- How to Japanese Podcast - S01E07 - Tamara Latham-Sprinkle - Professional Translation, Masters Programs, Translation Associations 2 months ago Tamara Latham-Sprinkle has been a full-time Japanese-English freelance translator for a year. She talks about breaking into the world of translation, different translation associations, getting a masters in translation, and working as an interpreter at a manufacturing company in the … Continue...
Contest Entries »
- How to Fly First Class For Free Writing Contest October 2012 It helps if you live abroad for a while. Pick somewhere you’re interested in. Sure, Japan is a great choice. You love Japan – like really love Japan. It’s one of the first places you’ve been that’s made sense: it’s safe, beautiful, has...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » How to Japanese has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!