Latest Blog Posts »
- Buon Natale 4 years ago Merry Christmas!... Continue reading Buon Natale
- Love & Laurels 4 years ago When you get your university diploma in Italy, you are laureato (lau-ray-áh-toe), literally "crowned with laurel." ... Continue reading Love & Laurels
- Sicilian Serenade 4 years ago Sometimes the headlines make me wonder: Is there any hope for us? Francesco and his mother dropped into my world by chance today to remind me that great big hearts outnumber evil ones in this world. Continue reading Sicilian Serenade
- I Banchi di Ciccio, Ragusa Ibla, Sicily 4 years ago There's a new treasure in the neighborhood: I Banchi. Its magnetic field draws me in every single day, either for a frothy cappuccino, pasta lunch, hunk of parmigiana or half loaf of bread, take-out dinner pizza or scaccia (available by the slice), or for an evening glass of the local peppery black...
- Ouch! Beware! The Prickly Pear. 4 years ago They're natives of the Americas, the mean spiky fruits. But prickly pear cacti have flourished in Sicily's climate. You have to dodge them here--they rise 20 feet tall and come at you from all directions. Lured by a poster, we decided yesterday to celebrate the fruit I fear... Continue reading...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Baroquesicily.com
01:57 AM October 11, 2012
Going through the posts in this blog is like traveling thousands of miles and immersing yourself in the life of a small Sicilian hill town. I have just added the ancient baroque city of Ibla to my travel wish list.
22:03 PM November 28, 2012
What a gem this blog is and about one of my favourite places to visit.
23:35 PM December 04, 2013
Always incredible images beautifully seen, look forward to your insights xxx lisa x
04:43 AM February 02, 2017
makes me want to move tomorrow