Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Hair! 1 day ago “It’s time to do your roots!” I screeched to Kathy, my eyes riveted to the stripe of gray along the part of her jet-black hair. “I’m letting it grow out. Gonna go natural,” she purred. “NOOOOOO!!! Don’t do it! You’re gonna look like an old lady.” She smiled, “I am...
- People are Funny! 1 week ago “What do you write about?” That’s the most common question I get when I tell people I write a blog. So, the other day while visiting with Lynn at her Green Valley Lake cabin and her next-door neighbor, Katie, the question was asked. “Nothing. I mean everything. I dunno, I’m...
- Cheap Ticket! 3 weeks ago I didn’t read the fine print. I mean, really, who does? After my latest flight purchased through Cheap Tickets, I do from now on. I was excited to be visiting Lynn and Lucas at their home in Puerto Rico, a trip we had been planning for months. I didn’t care that it … Continue...
- Fifty States Before I Die 3 weeks ago How many states have you visited? And by visited, I mean more than just touching soil. You have to have lived there, vacationed there, or at least passed through long enough to have stayed at Motel 6 and dined on prairie oysters in, say, Amarillo, Texas. I drove cross-country with my kids...
- More Than a Flamingo 1 month ago With eyebrows raised and head cocked to the side Sally dangled the little beaded key chain in front of my face. “Are you on or off flamingos this week?” As my eyes landed on the sparkling pink and black item my eyes lit up and I nodded vigorously. “On, yes, … Continue reading...
Contest Entries »
- Top Nine Types of Shoes for Living as an Expat in Costa Rica Expat Blog Awards 2013 Shoes! I’m all about the shoes. It started with Bonnie in Brooklyn. We were best friends growing up in the projects in the 1950s. Post WWII, our families were struggling to build foundations for new starts. Money was scarce; our parents worked...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Costa Rica Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Costa Rica Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
20:35 PM April 18, 2014
Love Carole Jeans CR Capers Blog, she is so candid and entertaining with the life in Atenas. (We are planning to go to Atenas in 2016 for a one month stay to see if we like it. If that works out then we would consider moving there permanently!) Carole Jean seems to be a really neat and fun lady and her escapades in CR make me want to move sooner!
23:11 PM May 23, 2014
I went back and read the entire entries for this great blog. It is well written, entertaining and witty. You read one entry and want to find out what happens next. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next installment.
03:43 AM May 31, 2014
i hope to have time to keep in touch. my life long desire is to live in costa rica. your words make me want to move there now!
23:51 PM July 06, 2014
I am loving Carole Jean's blogs whether they are about her colorful past in San Francisco or her current experiences in Costa Rica. Carole is so generous to share the small moments of her interesting life with us gringos in the States. I feel inspired every time I finish one of her stories.