What I Did In Hong Kong
Latest Blog Posts »
- "When the cheque arrived, he realises it was the last thing he wanted..." 3 weeks ago I wrote this years ago, as a response to the prompt up there in the title: When the cheque arrived etc etc… I hadn’t looked at it since finishing it, really, but it is set in Hong Kong and so I thought I’d add it to the collection: When the cheque arrived, he realised that […]
- Picture of the Week 37 3 months ago Sha Tin sunrise
- "Pearlania" 4 months ago This next story appeared in ‘Hong Kong Future Perfect’, the Hong Kong Writers Circle’s 2016 anthology. Contributors were challenged with creating a vision of the city in years to come, either a utopia or a dystopia. Very few went for a utopian vision… In ‘Pearlania’, what was once Hong...
- HNY! Or, What does your Chinese Zodiac sign say about you? 4 months ago I can’t believe it has taken until my 7th Chinese New Year in Hong Kong to write this post… This Tuesday (5th) will see the start of the Year of the Pig. Those born in Piggie Years (1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, and now 2019) are – apparently – carefree, lucky and wealthy […]
- "Character Building" 5 months ago I wrote this story a few years ago – unlike the previous two it never featured in an anthology. I had been reading some histories of Hong Kong, and so set it in the 1960s… Usually I read old pieces of work and cringe, but this one has held up quite well, I think. […]
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Near Death Experiences in Hong Kong Expat Blog Awards 2013 "Hong Kong is Asia's Safest City". Or so they claim. And yes, there may not be roaming gangs or active volcanoes or bungee-jumping off the ICC... But the committed thrill seeker can still find plenty of opportunities to raise the pulse and eyeball...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Hong Kong Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Hong Kong!Copy and paste code to display the Hong Kong Award Badge:
Website Reviews » What I Did In Hong Kong has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!