Latest Blog Posts »
- My Africa is gone 1 year ago I dream sometimes of days gone by Of playing beneath an azure sky And then I wake up wondering why My Africa has gone Remember how it used to be The silver sands and sparkling sea And running wild and running free? But my Africa has gone How different it all was then […]
- About Me 2 years ago Hi there, my name is Dawn Kumm. I am one of those annoying people who keep picking out grammatical and spelling mistakes online and itch to correct them. English is my passion and was one of my majors in my first degree. I also hold a Master’s degree in Education. I run my own business,...
- Kids and Pets 2 years ago I grew up with pets – dogs and cats, of course – I still remember Blackie, my fluffy black cat (I wasn’t very innovative with names at five years old) who patiently let me dress him up and push him around in my doll’s pram But I also had a locust, who would sit on […]
- End of an Era 2 years ago Six years I opened a daycare in Calgary. The experience was not with angst. I was unprepared for the amount of red tape I would come up against. Coming from South Africa where these things were – still are(?) – far more laissez faire, the number of different officials involved in the process...
- Hyperbole 2 years ago OK, here is another short article to put under Language since I feel I have been neglecting that section of my blog (along with all the rest, truth be told). And it’s on hyperbole because there has been so much of it on TV right now that I think we need to consider exactly what […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Wordsworkinc's Weblog has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!