Tricia A. Mitchell
Latest Blog Posts »
- Brač, Croatia: Hunting for Hercules in a Roman Quarry 1 month ago For nearly 2,000 years, limestone has been extracted from quarries on the Croatian island of Brač. In the 3rd century, laborers used this dazzling white stone to build the palace of Emperor Diocletian in the city of Split. During the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, Brač limestone was used to...
- The Windows of Porto, Portugal 3 months ago The northwestern Portuguese city of Porto is characterized by hilly streets, buildings covered in multicolored azulejos, and a long history of port wine production. Polished townhouses decked out with flower boxes stand proudly beside dilapidated structures covered in graffiti, making Porto just as...
- A Guide to Exploring Oberammergau, Germany 6 months ago What to see and do in Oberammergau, a charming and historic Bavarian town.
- Waddling Winemakers on Parade in Stellenbosch, South Africa 11 months ago A fun and innovative winery near Stellenbosch, South Africa uses a 1,000-strong duck brigade to help eradicate vineyard pests.
- The Windows of Arles, France 1 year ago The southern French city of Arles has ties to the Ancient Romans and Van Gogh. It's also home to some enchanting windows.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Tricia A. Mitchell has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!