Well, That Was Different
Latest Blog Posts »
- Marie Kondo: a Foreign Service Perspective 1 year ago The last 30 years of my life have involved a lot of dealing with Stuff. Nineteen moves, people. Nineteen! Capped off with moving into our “forever home” after retirement from the Foreign Service. This turned out to be a sort of extended Final Reckoning of Stuff. I blogged about this...
- Don't Go Breaking My Heart 1 year ago Scratch just about any American expatriate and you will find a (slightly homesick) patriot. For one thing, we are often put in the position of explaining our country to others. Doing that properly requires some reflection. We can’t just shoot our mouths off and wear silly red hats. No one’s...
- Do Not Tell Me How Angry to Be 1 year ago A lot of women are sharing their experiences of sexual harassment and assault right now. I’m not going to do that in any detail. I have a same laundry list as pretty much every other woman, starting when I was a child. To be honest, it’s just too mundane to be interesting. (I want to […]
- Language Bubbles 2 years ago When we got back to the States, I wanted to try something new. After all those years of struggling in foreign languages, I figured I had some perspective on learning English as a second language. And so I settled on volunteering as an ESL (English as a Second Language) tutor/teacher. Now, you may...
- Well Hello There, 2018 2 years ago This blog has slowed down a lot lately. That may be a good thing! I started blogging almost ten years ago, just as we were gearing up to move back overseas after seven years in the States. I was plenty busy at the time, with two kids, a home business, and a major international move […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Well, That Was Different has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!