Latest Blog Posts »
- Tico Traditions at Christmas 3 years ago I have a whole new respect for tamales, the traditional treat at Christmas in Costa Rica. Two friends from my Intercambio de Idioma (language exchange) invited us gringos (and Canadians) to help make their family recipe, Tamales Criollos. Florella, Delecta, and Jonathan did lot of the prep....
- 72 hours in Samara 3 years ago So, I thought this bug was very attractive when it showed up on my door screen the other day. It’s about the 3″ across. A moth? Reminds me of a pair of oak tree helicopters. I was so surprised to find the next day that it had changed into these beautiful velvety colors. And by …Read More
- Fans Redux 3 years ago All of the broken fans didn’t all end up in the landfill. Some washed down the river and returned to the beach with the tide. Trash pick-up in Costa Rica only happens in urban locales. So, if you don’t have a car, are you going to take it to town on the bus? Probably not.
- End of a Season 3 years ago Summer is over here in Costa Rica – usually December through April – and it’s cooled off. Back in November, we saw for the first time an abundance of inexpensive table fans for sale and we all bought them. Expecting a summer hotter and drier than usual, which proved to be true, we out one...
- Not quite first flush 3 years ago The raging Mala Noche river received a lot of rain last night, a real good soaker. And this morning it flows for the first time since November. After the “first flush” the bay is brown with soil eroded from the river banks above. Not so this morning. Although it’s unfortunate that a lot...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Sandy-Shorts
18:55 PM October 28, 2014
calm simple and fun
15:08 PM December 20, 2019
It's 17 degrees in NYC and I feel a little warmer after reading your blog. Nice job.