Latest Blog Posts »
- Sunday Thoughts 1 day ago This is going to be a deep post. Sorry. The blog is the place I go to when I need to get the words out of my head. Another loss last night. The people who poured vitriol on this person are now first in the queue with their outpourings of sympathy. When will people understand […]
- The day of love 3 days ago Happy St. Valentine’s Day. Valentine was the patron saint of lovers, epilepsy and bees, among other things – including the plague it seems. I don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day but it’s usually the unofficial start of my birthday celebrations. It’s also a year since I picked up my car –...
- Sunday morning ramblings 1 week ago I was thinking back over the last week, having been rudely awoken by Storm Ciara and the neighbour’s gate banging against the wall. A couple of weeks ago I was asked by Damien Mulley if I’d be interested in being interviewed for his blog. If you don’t know Damien he’s a really good guy,...
- Yay for the weekend 1 week ago It’s been a really busy week, lots of different things happening and various things mulling around in my head so it was nice to have a quiet Saturday. I had a wander into town for an hour. I love the charity shops so I got into a few of them today, I was looking for […]
- A Spa with a View 1 week ago I love going to spas, in a hectic world it’s lovely just to take time out and relax. I was thrilled when Laurence gave me a voucher for The Ice House in Ballina, Co. Mayo. I was over in Ballina today to record my radio show on BCRFM so I booked a seaweed bath at […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.