Latest Blog Posts »
- BCRFM Show 20th September 2020 2 days ago If you missed my radio show on Ballina Community Radio today, you can listen back here. There’s a mix of music and lots of chat about things to do in the area, including The Shed Distillery, the National Museum of Country Life and more.
- Sunday Thoughts 3 days ago Well it’s that time of the week again for some of my ramblings. I hope you are all doing OK during these strange times. There’s certainly an autumnal feeling in the air and the mornings have been misty with a real chill. We are rewarded with dewy cobwebs and some beautiful sunny days though....
- Comfortably Numb 5 days ago If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you’ll have seen my very fetching blue gown today. I had an MRI scan, it’s my first time to have one and it was grand. Very loud and a bit claustrophobic but I kept my eyes shut and I had headphones on with the radio on. The... Continue Reading →
- A delightful dinner at Cawley's in Tubbercurry 1 week ago Our wedding anniversary was in June, we were 30 years married which I think is quite achievement. As everything we closed due to Covid we didn’t get to celebrate, well we had fish and chips in the car but it wasn’t the same. So yesterday we went out for dinner. I honestly can’t remember...
- A step back in time in the Museum of Country Life 1 week ago We are very luck to have the National Museum of Country Life a short drive from us. It’s located just outside Castlebar in Co. Mayo and really worth a visit. It’s free to visit, although donations are welcome. You can walk around the beautiful grounds, including the conservatory. There’s a...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.