Latest Blog Posts »
- Burnt Basque Cheesecake Recipe 6 hours ago I first tasted burnt Basque cheesecake long before it became world-famous. Now it even has its own hashtag on Instagram! This easy burnt Basque cheesecake recipe comes from the Devour Tours cookbook and is based on the original version served at La Viña in San Sebastián. About ten years ago I...
- Traditional Spanish Seafood Paella Recipe 1 day ago Today David takes on a controversial dish — Spanish seafood paella! Read on to discover how to make the perfect paella for seafood lovers. Want help making this delicious dish? Join our new Online Paella Cooking Class! You’ll join a Spanish home chef over Zoom for an hour of cooking and...
- Best Online Cooking Classes for Home Cooks Who Love Travel 5 days ago Today I share some of the best online cooking classes for home cooks like myself. All are available at Devour Tours. Online cooking classes are the perfect solution when travel isn’t a possibility. Hosted live from local kitchens around the world, these virtual cooking experiences are the perfect...
- Easy Calamares Fritos Recipe (Spanish Fried Calamari) 6 days ago David and I met in Andalusia, where fried calamari is one of the most loved tapas. Today he shows us how to prepare his calamares fritos recipe from home! For me, Sunday lunch in Seville isn’t complete without a big plate of calamares fritos. These golden, crunchy rings of fried squid are a...
- Spanish Meatballs Recipe (Pork and Chorizo Albondigas) 1 week ago Today David takes on meatballs with a recipe for a delicious mix of ground pork and chorizo. Spanish albóndigas come in all shapes, sizes, and sauces — but these are truly delicious. Enjoy! If there’s a better tapas dish than albóndigas, I don’t want to know about it! This tapas bar classic...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.