Oddities and Ends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Hiking in the Lüneburger Heide 2 months ago Lüneburg, Germany is best known for its fields of heath, which bloom from early August to mid-September. Heath, which is called Heide in German, is a big tourism draw for the city. Not only can visitors enjoy numerous hiking trails, they can also buy heath-infused products like liquor and soap....
- Three Years in Germany: An American Reflects 3 months ago Next week marks the 3 year anniversary of my arrival in Germany. They say life goes by quicker as you get older, but for me, it seems like time has slowed down. I feel like I’ve been here for six years, not three. During that time, I’ve written a few posts about the differences I’ve noticed...
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Germany VS America 4 months ago Germany is widely believed to be one of the few countries with the Coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis under control. In contrast, the world has watched how America has handled the Coronavirus crisis and collectively cringed. Of course, not all American states have responded to the pandemic in the same...
- Sunday, (Not So) Fun Day in Germany 4 months ago Sunday in Germany is quiet. Too quiet, if you ask me. Of course, no one has; and, any time I’ve expressed this opinion on the Internet, every German online will suddenly appear to tell me I’m wrong. And a stupid consumerist American. Sometimes, they even throw in a “go back to America!”...
- Healthcare: Germany VS America 5 months ago Healthcare. As the world tackles the Coronavirus crisis, the healthcare systems of many countries are under higher scrutiny than ever before. Fortunately, I can’t tell you what it’s like being treated for COVID-19 in Germany. I can, however, tell you what the healthcare system in Germany is...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oddities and Ends
21:18 PM September 13, 2017
Very astute observations into daily life. An excellent read!
21:44 PM September 13, 2017
Insightful and very funny!
02:17 AM September 14, 2017
I've known Jessie since she lived in the U.S., and her observations in her blog are always funny and interesting to read.
16:05 PM September 14, 2017
Always fun to read about her daily experiences!
18:15 PM September 14, 2017
Jessie's insights and views on the world are not only unique, they also remain relevant to the lives of people living in and out of the United States. I would highly recommend this blog for those already in Germany, people thinking about living in Germany, and for those who have just heard of Germany. Everyone should give it a read!
18:45 PM September 15, 2017
I love Jessie's blog! Always a fun read.