Oddities and Ends
Latest Blog Posts »
- My Favorite German Movies, TV, Podcasts and More 2 months ago A key part of learning German (or any language) is immersion. That’s tricky, of course, if you don’t live in a German-speaking country. This post is a companion of sorts to my last post on learning German. In that post, I broke down how I learned German in about three years. Unfortunately, it...
- Learn German: Fluency in Three Years 1 month ago Do you want to learn German? Or, worse…do you have to learn German? I learned German in about three years. Last November, I took the TELC Deutsch C1 Hochschule exam and passed. Officially speaking (which is, incidentally, the best way to speak in Germany) I am a “proficient” or...
- Veganuary! Recipes, Tips and Cooking Tricks 2 months ago Veganuary is right around the corner! Are you thinking of giving it a try, but have no idea what to eat? I went vegan nearly two years ago, and remember all too well how daunting the idea of cooking without animal products first felt. That’s why I want to share my vegan staples, cooking tips...
- Goodbye, Donnie: America Fires Trump 3 months ago Biden won. Trump has been defeated. We love to see it, folks. I’m so relieved. At the same time, though, I don’t think America is completely out of the woods just yet. Trump has stacked the courts in his favor. He has sycophants at his side who may yet help him cheat the American people out of...
- A Visit to Post-Apocalyptic Berlin 5 months ago Berlin; a city that is (at least, in certain areas) post-apocalyptic in appearance even when we aren’t in the midst of a plague. Despite the pandemic, Jan and I spent a long weekend there in mid-August. The numbers weren’t great then, but they were certainly better than they are now. So,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oddities and Ends
21:18 PM September 13, 2017
Very astute observations into daily life. An excellent read!
21:44 PM September 13, 2017
Insightful and very funny!
02:17 AM September 14, 2017
I've known Jessie since she lived in the U.S., and her observations in her blog are always funny and interesting to read.
16:05 PM September 14, 2017
Always fun to read about her daily experiences!
18:15 PM September 14, 2017
Jessie's insights and views on the world are not only unique, they also remain relevant to the lives of people living in and out of the United States. I would highly recommend this blog for those already in Germany, people thinking about living in Germany, and for those who have just heard of Germany. Everyone should give it a read!
18:45 PM September 15, 2017
I love Jessie's blog! Always a fun read.