Latest Blog Posts »
- Year in Career: 2018 3 months ago Early in 2018, somewhere over Nawabshah, Pakistan, at 30,000 feet. We’ve been flying through turbulence for nearly two hours. I really need to go to the toilet. I close my eyes and lament all the water and tea I drank today. Then I lament the lamentation because it’s so liquid-based. ...
- Year in Career: 2017 1 year ago This is a story about growing up. Coming of age. In 2018, I will have been a stenographer for 18 years – my career will be an adult. Whereas before it could only drink Stolis (that its dad had purchased) in the backyard, soon it will be able to legally walk into the pub and... Read More
- Year in Career: 2016 2 years ago Pictures and numbers. Not things we usually have to worry too much about as stenographers. In fact most of us got into the game precisely because we are rubbish at numbers, and we would be rubbish at pictures too if Instagram wasn’t there chivvying us along, ADMIT IT. Not enough HDR. 2016...
- Year in Career: 2015 3 years ago Why do reporters go international? Reasons include wanderlust, money, excitement, and a desire to be unknown in a new city ergo wear pyjamas to the supermarket without fear of ridicule. There are others but they are the main ones, in no particular order (OBVIOUSLY THE PYJAMAS IN THE SUPERMARKET ONE...
- Under the stairs 3 years ago In 1948, in a village about 60 miles on the China side of the Lowu border, a baby boy called Au Siu Lun was born. In 2015, in a village about 60 miles on the Hong Kong side of the Lowu border, 67-year-old Au Siu Lun picked me up in a taxi. He told me... Read More
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Hong Kong Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Hong Kong!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Jadeluxe has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!