Pick Up The Fork
Latest Blog Posts »
- An Overwhelming Guide to New Restaurants, Cafés, and Bars in Buenos Aires for 2020 2 months ago Hey strangers! It’s been a while, but I’m coming back to my roots, baby! I started this little food blog at the end of 2009 as a way to share some of my favorite edible discoveries in Argentina, a time when it wasn’t so easy to find out about delicious things to eat and the stories behind...
- La Boca's Legendary Bodegón Institution 1 year ago Decades prior to BA’s craft beer and burger boom and before Asian-style hipster bars became a thing, Don Carlos stood on the iconic corner of Brandsen and del Valle Iberlucea, across from La Bombonera fútbol stadium, and served traditional Porteño comfort foods. From the simple decor, Don...
- The Mexican Tortilla Goddess Who Makes Real Corn Tortillas 1 year ago I have searched far and wide for real Mexican corn tortillas in Buenos Aires for many years. It has been a long and bumpy rapidita road, but I think I finally found what I was looking for. Whenever I return to BA after a visit to the States, that food homesick feeling kicks in. I try to […] The...
- Eat, Drink, and Eat Some More: The Restaurant Rundown of 2017 2 years ago If you asked me to describe the 2017 BA food scene in a few words my answer would be simple: beer bars, burger bars, craft beers eating burgers, and burger bars drinking craft beers. But looking at it closely, 2017 saw exciting new spots beyond the B&B craze. A few months ago I wrote about the...
- New in Town: La Noire Café 2 years ago There are a lot of cafés in Buenos Aires, but how do you choose that perfect coffee shop? The type of place that is unpretentious but serious about excellent quality coffee. A café that’s good for meetings, meetups, work dates, first dates, breakfast, merienda, sitting alone and appreciating a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Argentina Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Argentina!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 20 reviews on Pick Up The Fork
00:03 AM November 02, 2012
Hilarious and great reviews, PUTF usually plans my dining out in the city. Couldn't recommend a better read! Grade A!
00:29 AM November 02, 2012
Great, well written, witty blog that keeps me constantly informed about the latest and greatest food in Buenos Aires, Argentina. One of the best around!
03:35 AM November 02, 2012
Excellent. Food blogging at its finest!!
09:10 AM November 02, 2012
Funny, irreverent, edgy, extremely helpful
13:16 PM November 12, 2012
By far the best food blog in Argentina: it's funny, relatable, informative, great photos. Unlike other blogs, these recommendations never let me down.
13:34 PM November 18, 2012
As someone who is passionate about food and has just moved to Buenos Aires this past year - this blog is THE go to resource for all things food-related in BsAs. Pick Up the Fork has all the best tips on restaurants, bars, the perfect dish to try on any particular day - and the photos make it all the more delicious.
19:25 PM December 11, 2012
Absolutely fantastic blog, it really is the best unbiased foreigner's insight on Buenos Aires' food scene, I trust it every time. And unlike most food blogs, it's really fun and easy to read.
13:37 PM December 12, 2012
I don't read many blogs, but Pick Up The Fork is probably the only one I religiously follow, and I don't even live in Buenos Aires anymore! It's by far the best.
12:24 PM December 18, 2012
Most def the top food blog in the city. Never go to a restaurant without checking pick up the fork first.
12:31 PM December 18, 2012
Wonderful, humorous, well informed - this blog is better than the local guide books.
12:34 PM December 18, 2012
This blog is the bomb! By far has the greatest restaurant recommendations, is super well written, and really funny. King of BA food blogs.
12:40 PM December 18, 2012
Me encanta! Pick up the fork es lo mas!
14:00 PM December 18, 2012
Love this sassy mouth!! Without PUTF I'd be a hungry girl lost in a big city!
18:18 PM December 18, 2012
The ultimate restaurant resource in BA! I'm a huge fan, and you should be too.
18:38 PM December 18, 2012
Best tips on where to go to eat in Buenos Aires, great palate, funny writer and nice photographic eye.
21:18 PM December 18, 2012
Fantastic blog and wonderful blogger. Just wish I'd known about it sooner.
22:00 PM December 18, 2012
Very useful blog, I went to several recommended locations and always was right about the menu and experience. Great place to get information and fun and funny too.
00:11 AM December 19, 2012
Really good reviews. Food, fun and choripan!
02:59 AM December 19, 2012
Superb resource for those in Buenos Aires and love good food. Really funny and entertaining, highly recommend!
02:58 AM February 27, 2014
Buenos Aires is one of the highlights when travelling South America and most visitors fall for this elegant city with its European vibe and South American energy. If you plan to travel here, I recommend to visit a list of the Cheapest Hotels in Buenos Aires to suit your budget and needs.