Letters to my friends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Not a fun post.... 1 year ago So Kathy, my bff, paid for another year of hosting for my blog!That’s the good news.The bad news is, this is why I’m writing today:I need some help - and I HATE having to ask for it Maybe I’ll write the whole story some day - but I’m definitely not ready for that yet. I think a lot of other...
- My Island Life... In Pictures 2 years ago My Island Life... In Pictures.Now THAT is what this blog should be named! Current viewSunset drive home from Secret Beach yesterdayAk'bol - my favorite property on the islandFrom the bridge on a sunny/cloudy morning walk to workA day at the sandbar - always a great afternoonOne of my favorite pics...
- It's been two years since my last post - Do you remember me? 2 years ago Hello, old friends. It's been a while.I'm sure I've mentioned at some point that I started this blog back in 2012 when I was living in the Stann Creek district. I just wanted to send updates to my friends back home (hence the unoriginal name) about what my days were like living in the jungle...
- Yep, I'm still around... 4 years ago Sooooo... Some of you may have noticed that I haven't posted anything on here in quite a while. Since September, I think. There's a very simple explanation for that - my life has been super boring lately and I have nothing interesting to tell you about. The only reason I'm wracking my brain for...
- Slow Season - Feeling Extra Slow This Year 4 years ago My first slow season here in Belize, in 2011, didn't feel very slow to me. I was working at Pedro's, we had a lot of guests, the bar always had patrons, and I just didn't even think about how quiet the rest of the island was since it didn't really affect me. Plus, I was still new here, so I was...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Belize Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Belize!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Letters to my friends
21:07 PM December 10, 2012
It is interesting to read Carrie's blog. She is working to carve out a lifestyle that many of us dream about.
21:55 PM December 10, 2012
I love Carrie's blog...love learning about the mainland and her travels in Belize. Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 12, 2012
I love Carrie's blog. She tells so much about her life on the mainland, and since I have only been to AC, it is great to get more info about life in different parts of Belize. Plus, her photos are wonderful, and I love seeing what she wants to show of her life there.
03:08 AM September 16, 2013
I am going to move to Belize next yr if I can get everything worked out. It seems like a big step. How did you start out and get a visa? Which island do you live on? I am thinking about Caye Caulker.
14:25 PM October 27, 2013
Okay. Doing a lot of research on retiring to Belize. Read a lot but nothing better than getting the real word from folks living there. I have so many questions. Is this a good blog to find folks who are in the know? Thanks Kris