Jiaozi and Burgers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Bring Me Hope: Orphan Camp (bringing hope to the marginalized in China) 3 months ago There were three boys that Charlie (my Chinese translator) and I met coming off the bus on the first day of camp . One was 5, the other 6, and the last kid was 8 years old. All of them had emotional trauma from their past. One seemed like a normal kid, another had severe […]
- A Swiss Alpine Adventure - Part 3 9 months ago The next morning we woke up to a moderate snowfall outside. The mountains had disappeared overnight. We cleared the snow off the car and then drove to Rinerhorn, a mountain for skiing and sledging that was a 20-minute drive outside of Davos. We found the sled shop where you can rent toboggans for...
- A Swiss Alpine Adventure - Part 2 11 months ago The next day we drove to Davos Klosters, a former monastery-turned-alpine village, which was a 20-minute ride from Davos. We planned to ski a more ambitious 16km route. And we hoped our legs wouldn’t rebel against us. Davos Klosters was the less touristy, smaller version of Davos with a river...
- A Swiss Alpine Adventure - Part 1 11 months ago Snow was falling furiously all around us as we wound up the mountain road. Several cars had turned off to the side of the road, and a bus had gotten stuck in a snowdrift. But we kept plugging along, hoping to make it to Davos before the roads became slick with ice. My sister Sarah […]
- Ghost Island: Part 2 1 year ago The sun had set and still we waited. This was a lost cause now. It was time to get dinner and find a place to sleep. Shane contacted the college student again, and he told us where we could meet him. Somehow we got his directions confused but still managed to find a hostel with […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Jiaozi and Burgers
04:08 AM April 01, 2015
Hi Paul! I stumbled upon your blog while researching the city of Kunshan. I have just been offered an English teaching position there starting this Fall and am trying to gather relevant information about Shanghai and China. I would love to get your opinion on the city and any additional advice you could offer a first-timer! Thanks :) Karissa