Jiaozi and Burgers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Coping with the Coronavirus 5 months ago It has been an unusual time to live in China these days. I remember when the H7N9 virus made its debut. And I heard of the panic that the H1N1 virus produced, but I didn’t expect to be quarantined because of a virus that originated from central China in Wuhan called Covid-19. Perhaps not the […]
- Bring Me Hope: Orphan Camp (bringing hope to the marginalized in China) 11 months ago There were three boys that Charlie (my Chinese translator) and I met coming off the bus on the first day of camp . One was 5, the other 6, and the last kid was 8 years old. All of them had emotional trauma from their past. One seemed like a normal kid, another had severe […]
- A Swiss Alpine Adventure - Part 3 1 year ago The next morning we woke up to a moderate snowfall outside. The mountains had disappeared overnight. We cleared the snow off the car and then drove to Rinerhorn, a mountain for skiing and sledging that was a 20-minute drive outside of Davos. We found the sled shop where you can rent toboggans for...
- A Swiss Alpine Adventure - Part 2 1 year ago The next day we drove to Davos Klosters, a former monastery-turned-alpine village, which was a 20-minute ride from Davos. We planned to ski a more ambitious 16km route. And we hoped our legs wouldn’t rebel against us. Davos Klosters was the less touristy, smaller version of Davos with a river...
- A Swiss Alpine Adventure - Part 1 1 year ago Snow was falling furiously all around us as we wound up the mountain road. Several cars had turned off to the side of the road, and a bus had gotten stuck in a snowdrift. But we kept plugging along, hoping to make it to Davos before the roads became slick with ice. My sister Sarah […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Jiaozi and Burgers
04:08 AM April 01, 2015
Hi Paul! I stumbled upon your blog while researching the city of Kunshan. I have just been offered an English teaching position there starting this Fall and am trying to gather relevant information about Shanghai and China. I would love to get your opinion on the city and any additional advice you could offer a first-timer! Thanks :) Karissa