Latest Blog Posts »
- Eight Days in Hawaii 3 weeks ago Hawaii is one of those places that even as a child I harboured dreams of visiting one day. I didn’t know much more about it than I’d read in my school encyclopedia – I’m not even sure that I realised it’s a US state, or that it consists of many islands, not just one – […]
- 2020: Beginnings and Endings 2 months ago It took its time coming this year, but summer is finally, officially here. There have been beach walks and paddles in the river, there have been windows flung open to let in the breeze, and there have been gin and tonics in the garden. What a relief. When we reached mid-December and still had our...
- A day onboard SV Rhona H 4 months ago One of the wonderful boat trips you can take from Hobart is onboard the SV Rhona H. Owned and operated by the not-for-profit organisation Heritage Sailing Tasmania, SV Rhona H is the oldest and smallest of the tall ships that call Hobart home. Built in 1942 as a fishing boat, first for recreational...
- Late Spring in Tasmania 5 months ago Last weekend was Hobart Show Day, which as every Tasmanian will tell you means that it should now be safe to plant your tomatoes outside without fear of frost. Should being the operative word. Spring weather is notoriously unpredictable and this year has been no exception. Last week there was snow...
- How the girl who hated PE became the woman who loves to run 5 months ago It’s finally spring on this side of the world, and one of the reasons why I feel like celebrating is that the warmer, lighter evenings will allow me to start running again. I’ve written on here before about how much I love to run the streets of Hobart – not in any attempt to set […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Dorky Mum has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!