Latest Blog Posts »
- Winter comes to nipaluna 1 week ago We’ve just had the first weekend of winter here, and it was a lovely one. Lunch at Willie Smith’s Apple Shed on Saturday, followed by a few hours picking up leaves in the garden. It was still warm enough in the late afternoon that I sat outside with a book and a cuppa to watch […]
- Double Digits 3 months ago We are at the airport on the way to Auckland. There were air miles that were about to expire, and that’s as far as they’d take us, so we are headed across the Tasman. After recent events in Christchurch we imagine that it might be a strange and subdued time in New Zealand, but perhaps […]
- The Best Last Lines in Literature 4 months ago The Washington Post recently published a ‘best last lines in fiction’ article, and it was exactly as predictable as you’d expect. Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye (which I adore, but still…), Grapes of Wrath, Gone with the Wind, Huckleberry Finn, The Sun Also Rises etc etc. A veritable...
- 2019: A Year for Building Community 5 months ago If you’ve followed this blog for a while, you’ll know that I always choose a word to guide me through the year. Previous picks include Learning, Courage, and Focus… but after a few weeks of reflection my choice for 2019 is Community. In late January we lived that word to its absolute fullest...
- Book Review: Spacekid iLK: Invasion 101 7 months ago A few weeks ago, DorkySon was lucky enough to be sent a new illustrated novel to read and review. Spacekid iLK: Invasion 101 by author and illustrator Andrew Hammond. See what he has to say below… This book is about iLK – a kind of alien called a Glubwark from the planet Glub. iLK’s Dad...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Dorky Mum has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!