Andy in the Andes
Latest Blog Posts »
- How has living close to those who are in poverty changed my attitude to wealth? 2 years ago I was asked how living amongst poverty has challenged how I see wealth. How should we live in a consumer society? How does seeing my neighbour living from hand to mouth affect how I spend the money I have? I find 1 Timothy 6 v 17-19 helpful. “Command those who are rich in this present world not...
- The impact of short-term mission 2 years ago We have had the privilege of receiving several short-term missionaries over the past few years. Some have been individuals here for a month, some for longer, and more recently a team of 9 people came to build a house. There are some disadvantages to short term service. One should question the cost...
- The monthly accounts 2 years ago The end of each month, I need to put together the charity accounts. A mundane, if necessary, task, you might think. However, I find doing it to be an exercise in gratitude and inspiration. First of all, there are the donations that come in each month. I have been in Ecuador for more than 12 years...
- Zoo trip! 2 years ago A zoo opened just outside Santo Domingo about a year ago. Only one of the girls in the girls' club had been, so I decided this should be our next trip.We were donated some clothes, so we decided to have a jumble sale, along with some home made cakes and drinks, and managed to raise the money for...
- Finishing School 2 years ago This year Lorena, Leonella and Milena have all graduated from secondary school, with the help of sponsors. Let me tell you a little about their stories, so you can see what a HUGE difference their sponsors have made in their lives.Lorena's father died of cancer when she was 13. She is the youngest...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 20 reviews on Andy in the Andes
00:24 AM January 27, 2014
An amazingly emotive blog. Always a joy to read and extremely interesting to get a glimpse into life in Ecuador.
06:49 AM January 27, 2014
Excellent way to keep up to date with what is happening, look forward to every update.
08:00 AM January 27, 2014
Very honest work, from real experience of a mother of two, professional worker and someone who really cares.
09:34 AM January 27, 2014
An excellent blog that keeps followers and supporters in touch with the more day to day events and happenings in Ecuador. It also is an insight into how Andy copes personally with the challenges that face her daily. Very honest reports, as I have experienced on visits. Definitely worth reading and passing on to others who have appreciated reading them also. They stimulates interest by others in the work in Ecuador when I have had copies available at meetings where I have been talking about the work.
09:35 AM January 27, 2014
Excellent Blog. Lots of interesting and fascinating stories. Keep up with the good work. :)
10:38 AM January 27, 2014
Fascinating insight into life in Ecuador
12:38 PM January 27, 2014
12:50 PM January 27, 2014
So inspiring, I am very proud of you
14:04 PM January 27, 2014
Always fascinating to read and informs us about life in Ecuador.
14:43 PM January 27, 2014
Really inspiring, interesting, Funny and heart warming blog.
16:23 PM January 27, 2014
Andreas writing brings Ecuador to life for many of us who may well never get to see this beautiful country. She's doing such an amazing job out there.
18:39 PM January 27, 2014
Fabulous, fascinating, inspiring, challenging...
22:42 PM January 27, 2014
It is so interesting to hear about the life in such a different part of the world, I look forward to hearing a lot more!
23:40 PM January 29, 2014
Love this blog. Real insight into Andrea's experience of living and working in Ecuador.
02:51 AM January 30, 2014
Now it takes a lot of gumption and faith to spend your life in a foreign country with young daughters to teach these less fortunate students. Hooray for Andy in the Andies....
14:26 PM January 30, 2014
A great, insightful, inspiring read!
19:22 PM January 30, 2014
Amazing challenging and inspirational blog.......what a challenge to raise two kids in a foreign country, then home school them, quite apart from being a doctor and author.......well done Andrea, love your blog
02:09 AM April 22, 2014
Beautifully written. Wonderfully thought through. And flat-out inspiring.
14:15 PM October 22, 2014
hi.. really like your blog and great work on what you are doing. i plan to come to Ecuador in January and plan to stay, would be very interested in doing volunteering. hope to get contact to find out more.
12:33 PM June 10, 2017
Andy your blog is really cool and great. I honestly admired your words. You got a real experience in Ecuador.