4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Death of a Memory 3 months ago My mother in law has a rich cache of memories that find their way easily into a conversation – a walk on the beach, a cup of tea in a comfortable chair, or on the bleachers of a child’s baseball game. Her stories span from a rural childhood riding a horse to school to a […]
- Beware the Professional Parenting Expert 3 months ago *My welcome address at the Parenting and Toddler Forum in Doha on March 2nd 2019* Hello there, I’m Kirsty Rice – some of you may know me from a website called 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle – others from the expat podcast Two Fat Expats – and to some I’m possibly one of […]
- The Expat Holding Pattern 7 months ago Definition of a holding pattern. 1 : the usually oval course flown (as over an airport) by aircraft awaiting clearance especially to land. 2 : a state of waiting or suspended activity or progress I was flying into London to meet my husband G who’d been there working all week. As Aussies living...
- Let Me Tell You A Story 7 months ago It was here that the stories began, both on this page and in a hotel room surrounded by suitcases and small bodies. Their four faces held a pattern, a template from G and myself: his eyes, my chin, his long arms, my hair. While they were all different, you could tell they were the same, […]
- Home is a language of the heart 1 year ago Home is a language of the heart. Do you know what your heart language is? While being told the story of an expat woman who’d adopted a child I learnt a beautiful expression. She was taking her new son home for the first time to his new billungual home – he was four. Both she […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.