4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Expat Holding Pattern 2 months ago Definition of a holding pattern. 1 : the usually oval course flown (as over an airport) by aircraft awaiting clearance especially to land. 2 : a state of waiting or suspended activity or progress I was flying into London to meet my husband G who’d been there working all week. As Aussies living...
- Let Me Tell You A Story 2 months ago It was here that the stories began, both on this page and in a hotel room surrounded by suitcases and small bodies. Their four faces held a pattern, a template from G and myself: his eyes, my chin, his long arms, my hair. While they were all different, you could tell they were the same, […]
- Home is a language of the heart 10 months ago Home is a language of the heart. Do you know what your heart language is? While being told the story of an expat woman who’d adopted a child I learnt a beautiful expression. She was taking her new son home for the first time to his new billungual home – he was four. Both she […]
- Before you put your pink bow on 1 year ago October is a big month for our family, it begins with my son’s birthday and ends with my husband’s (which is usually completely overthrown by Halloween). Over the years it’s meant four kids with four costume requirements and some crazy class party baking requests. A couple of years ago a...
- The Expat Mongrel 1 year ago *Spoken at The Big Fat Expat Meet-up at the Shangri-La Shanghai* Before the pedigree plague of poodles of varying degrees, before the oodles, the spoodles, the cavoodles and groodles, or Golden Doodles depending on which part of the world you’re from (Australians stop giggling now) before the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.