Latest Blog Posts »
- What is Ethanol Ablation for Thyroid Cancer? 3 days ago (at the end of this post, check out the downloadable I made for anyone with "good cancer.") This week I had two treatments of ethanol ablation for my thyroid cancer. What, you might ask, is ethanol ablation? Good question. I didn't know, either, and had a hard time finding information about it...
- New Hymn Ideas Like, "Tender Mother Hen" 1 week ago A question: Why don't we ever sing songs about God, our Tender Mother Hen? (Luke 13:34) I heard a song a few months ago that was about going out and bringing home the head of my enemy. I know the "enemy" was sin. I get it. But it wasn't an image that inspired worship. At
- 10 (or 9) Dark Things about Valentine's Day 1 week ago In going through some old essays, I found this. I wrote it for Babble and now I know why I didn’t continue writing for Babble longer than just a few years. The site was about cute memes, celebrity news, and feel-good posts. Apparently, I tend toward dark. These stats are few years old and though
- When You Are Almost-There 2 weeks ago Oh the agony of being almost but not quite there. Are we there yet? Not yet? Now? Not yet? Now...? Click here to read The International Traveler in the Domestic Terminal, at A Life Overseas.
- No Longer Covered in Shame 4 weeks ago Quick link: Today I have an essay Unclean but Called Clean, at (in)courage. When I was radioactive and in isolation, I spent a lot of time meditating on shame, fear, healing, and the power of touch, the power of hope, the power of being restored. Here's what I concluded. It is a strange and...
Contest Entries »
- The Things They Bring Home From Boarding School Education and International Schools Seventh grade twins bring surprising things home from a three-month term of boarding school. I was prepared for some things, surprised by others. Here are seven things my twins bring home from boarding school and how I handle them. Hollow...
- 10 Signs You’ve Been an Expat in Djibouti Too Long (or just long enough) Expat Blog Awards 2013 From how you experience weather to a new appreciation for hot water and the habit of adding “If God wills at the end of most sentences,” life in Djibouti changes expatriates. How does life in other nations affect expatriates? Do the changes...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Djibouti Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Djibouti!Copy and paste code to display the Djibouti Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Djibouti Jones has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!