Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
Latest Blog Posts »
- Part I: Will We Return to Nicaragua to Live? 5 days ago “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ― Benjamin Franklin, Memoirs of the life & writings of Benjamin Franklin One day tourism is booming, my local neighborhood friends are … Continue reading →
- A Wheelbarrow Full of Kindness 5 months ago “Your one random act of kindness may not change the world but it might make a difference in the life of someone today” ― Maria Koszler Our winter resembles this tangle of wisteria vines in the front of our house. … Continue reading →
- Comparing Cost of Living in USA and Nicaragua: It will surprise you! 6 months ago “Everything costs something.” ― Zara Hairston When we lived in Nicaragua, we occasionally referred to ourselves as economic refugees. We took early retirement and lived off our small teaching pensions. We did everything financial experts advised to prepare for living … Continue reading →
- Rewiring and Reclaiming 6 months ago One man’s distraction is another man’s refuge. ~Khang Kijarro Nguyen Oh Ometepe! Do I miss you? Not really. I have always said I have a love/hate relationship with Nicaragua. I am in the hate phase…not because of the … Continue reading →
- Travel Apps, Maps, and More Bang for Your Travel Bucks 10 months ago Nothing is ever called Welcome back without a Journey. If you desire to get results, you work it out, rather than hoping and wishing. Hope you understand this my friend. Travel has always been our passion. Now that we are … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nicaragua Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Nicaragua!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
09:49 AM August 29, 2013
As a single woman of 55, trying to figure out my options for future retirement, this blog - rewired and retired really put costs of living in perspective for me. I am convinced that I can live in Nicaragua and afford what is considered there a very nice lifestyle. Hope run away inflation and discovery by tourism doesnt change it before I get there.
23:46 PM November 27, 2013
This was one of the first blogs I followed and it is really special! It's one of the reasons I ventured to Ometepe (one of the reasons I even knew about it) and it's just a really charming place. The blog is excellent - very creative and unexpected. I am always happy when an e-mail alerts me to a new post!