New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Peaceful Pandemic-Times Pics (a photo anthology) 5 months ago Ciao Readers! How are you doing? Strange times, no doubt. I am doing fairly well as long as I stick to my morning runs, evening walks and chillaxing at home. I know why we’re doing it, but as someone who’s used to reading people, all the masks make me feel discombobulated, so I’ve...
- An Expat Interview with Me (or a self-centered diversion) 5 months ago Ciao Dear Readers! Since my last post I have been wanting to blog again, but I haven’t come up with anything original or better than all of the great uplifting and insightful pandemic-life posts out there. Somehow in the middle of this, I was asked to, and did, participate in an interview with an...
- It's the End of the World as We Know It, and I Feel Fine - R.E.M. 6 months ago Ciao Readers! I am happy to have this forum to reach out to you, wherever you are, say “hello” and offer my warm thoughts for you and yours. So, I knew I wanted to say something in these strange times, but I didn’t know what. It just came to me on a long walk (one […]
- Songs for Solidarity: Italians Unite through music from balconies, terraces and windows 6 months ago Ciao readers! So, I was going to blog about how amazing Italians are in the face of adversity – they’ve been having terrace “flash mobs” during this lock-down and I have seen pictures of them queuing in an orderly fashion at grocery stores (who knew?!), but this post from Girl in Florence...
- Five Reasons to Boycott Valentine's Day 8 months ago Originally posted on New Mexico to Italy: Ciao Readers! Happy belated New Year to you and Birthday to me! So, I think I am making reposting this – my most “liked” post ever – a yearly tradition. Enjoy! Originally posted in February of 2016: So, today I go off on a tangent (i.e....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.