New Mexico to Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Five Reasons to Boycott Valentine's Day 3 weeks ago Originally posted on New Mexico to Italy: Ciao Readers! Happy belated New Year to you and Birthday to me! So, I think I am making reposting this – my most “liked” post ever – a yearly tradition. Enjoy! Originally posted in February of 2016: So, today I go off on a tangent (i.e....
- Picturesque Pena Palace, Portugal 1 month ago Ciao Readers! So, if you’re anything like me, you get back from a nice vacation with the “real world” already knocking on your door – whether in the form of a nasty cold, tons of voicemails, or a new home repair task….. Before I totally lose the magic that was Portugal, I wanted to share...
- Museu da Marioneta (the Puppet Museum in Lisbon) 1 month ago Ciao Readers! We are back state-side and slowly adjusting to the 7 hour time difference after a 24-hour commute home (I love travel… traveling, not so much). I hope your new year has started off well. Having recently shared my life-long affection for puppets (see my Muppet post), it will be no...
- Feliz 2020 from Lisbon, Portugal 1 month ago Olá Readers! Happy 2020! So far it’s been an interesting start to the new year here in Lisbon – last night we partook in what has to be the most mellow midnight celebration ever – just about 200+ folks, including lots of kids, hanging out by the Belém Tower (pictured below) watching...
- Tiles of Lisbon (a photo anthology) 2 months ago Olá Readers! Happy (almost) New Year!!! I have many thoughts and insights (and food) to blog about, but for today I thought I’d just share some photos. Portugal is known for its beautiful tiles (azulejo), and you can pretty much see them covering buildings on any street. If you want a short...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on New Mexico to Italy
14:01 PM November 19, 2012
Amusing, insightful, entertaining - and great photos! I feel like I'm right there!
06:40 AM November 20, 2012
Superb writing, colorful, amusing, entertaining
19:13 PM November 20, 2012
The reader enjoys a front seat view of life in Florence. Witty, well written & informative, I feel like I am in their shoes!
21:16 PM November 20, 2012
I look forward to living a few moments each day, or at least several times a week, in Florence - and that is exactly what happens when I read New Mexico to Italy. I have a cappucino, or a gelato, or an exotic meal overlooking a breathtaking view - that is in FLORENCE! It's well written, funny and yet genuine, the pictures help you 'see' Florence through Hope's eyes. A few days ago I walked with Hope along the Arno and it was a delight. I've seen how even the little things make each country so very different. Cars parked randomly everywhere - would NEVER happen in a city here; you'd be ticked & towed, yet it's normal there. Exotic. Wonderful, ancient architecture with details captured in the photos that make me google them because they are unwrapped treasures - brought to me as I sit in New Mexico. It's a fabulous blog! I always grin when I see I get to go spend a bit of time in Florence, and then I either savor it while stretching out the wait, or I can't help it and dive right in.
23:27 PM November 23, 2012
I look forward to the mornings I can wake up & experience some time I spend in Italy, via the blog. The photos leave me with a new desire to explore the area when I get to be there in person.
12:48 PM November 24, 2012
good observation of experiencing Italian life, seen with the eyes of an expat!. Go check it out, it's enjoyable! ciao!
15:38 PM November 24, 2012
This is a wonderful blog about the daily life of an expat in Florence. If you're planning to move to Florence or to visit this beautiful city: this blog is a must!
14:31 PM November 27, 2012
I love this blog and look forward to each new post! In addition to being very entertaining and informative about everyday life in Florence, it's educational--I've learned much about history, art and local customs.