Latest Blog Posts »
- The Fifth Column 6 days ago An article called ‘España no funciona’ at Infolibre herelooks at why Spain has always been so divided (a massive weakness evident today during the current crisis). It says in part ‘…The forty years of democracy after the Franco dictatorship have failed to dismantle the power of the...
- Mojácar, City of Witches 2 weeks ago An essay from Miguel Ángel Urralde, from Almería Hoy here (2015)The old fellow called el Tío Frasquito El Campechano swore that he saw them swooping down from El Picacho (where the radio masts are above the pueblo), every evening, at nightfall, and fly over the church tower with their brooms....
- The Eminent Author 2 weeks ago I was clearing out the shelves of the house the other day, not getting very far as there are a large number of books occupying a considerable number of shelves, and the piles of volumes I keep on the floor or in boxes hardly needed adding to.My parents had brought out half a ton of books with them...
- The New Arrival 3 weeks ago A nice picture of the latest arrival at Albero, a beautiful filly called Dante. Here with her mother Ana and her adoring auntie Loli. For pictures from Albero Centro Ecuestre, the riding-centre in La Cañada (Almería), follow their photo-blog here.
- Briefly, a New Beginning 1 month ago It's kind of interesting what's happening now. We've been in lockdown for a month so far and we have just been told to expect another month of the same ('at least'). The meaning of 'lockdown' seems to be changing as this crisis extends itself: the police are out there because there is almost no...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Spanish Shilling
07:19 AM January 10, 2013
Long-time blog written by someone who really knows (and likes) Spain. Humorous and informative
20:45 PM September 23, 2014
Always worth reading. Interesting, informative and often uplifting.