The Ketchup War
Latest Blog Posts »
- Love Daisy xoxo 4 months ago Dear Shauna, I hope you remember me. You were my foster mom a year ago. In November 2017, I, along with 47 of my closest friends, were rescued from up north of Alberta in High Level. I was 5 months old. I was listed as a solo orphan on my intake form. There was a…
- Wake Up Smoo-Teas: The Caffeinated Smoothie 8 months ago Skip the bloggy bit and SHOW ME THE RECIPE! I’ve written about my love of smoothies previously. I have two a day. One at 6:30am before I get on the bus to work and one at 4pm before I get on the bus home. I find they are filling but don’t make me feel stuffed.…
- Tuesday Timewasters: Admin Edition 10 months ago I have been an admin assistant for almost 3 years. 2.5 years with one company and 3 months with this new company. I adoooore my new company and my boss. Also, math is not my strongest asset. Here are some things I happened upon I could not relate to more in my old job…and one…
- 'I did my homework with a paintbrush.' - Quote Friday 06/15 10 months ago Reposted: Originally published 06/15/2012 (my puppy’s birthday!) Quote Friday: A round-up of the best quotes from my elementary school students in South Korea this week! First up, a non-school quote: Girl at party last weekend: ‘Where are you from?’ Me: ‘Ireland.’ Girl: ‘Oh, Ireland,...
- BBQ Beef Burgers 10 months ago I originally wrote about making pork burgers waaaay back when I lived in Korea. Ground pork was significantly cheaper than ground beef so we made do with the pork and adapted a lot of recipes to suit. This was also back before I discovered I was gluten and lactose intolerant so I refer to my…
Contest Entries »
- The Top 15 Places to go on a Date in Seoul Writing Contest March 2013 Seoul is full of interesting and unique places to go on a date, places you probably wouldn’t go anywhere else in the world. With so many options to choose from, I’ve narrowed down the list to the top 15 places to go and how to get there. The...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 26 reviews on The Ketchup War
12:04 PM November 17, 2012
What can I say? This blog puts a smile on my face whenever I stop by for a gawk. As a teacher, Quote Friday is a highlight - always good for a chuckle! Tuesday Timewasters is an invaluable resource for an amateur procrastinator like myself (am thinking of going pro soon). I'm sure if could cook I'd find Cooking in Korea just as useful. Perhaps the best thing about this blog is the writing - funny, lively and always engaging. Almost makes me wish I were in Korea myself. Keep it up!
16:37 PM November 17, 2012
My time is extremely valuable; I don't have time to read mere blogs. But I find the time to visit the Ketchup War throughout the week. Cat Week was awesome. Check this shiz out now!
00:23 AM November 19, 2012
I'm not one for blogs usually but The Ketchup War keeps pulling me in! We share a common interest in Timewasting! I also enjoying reading The Ketchup War's hilarious take on living and teaching in Korea. Perhaps my favorite part is Quote Fridays. I wish my kids were half as entertaining!!!
03:10 AM November 19, 2012
This blog has a great sense of humor and high energy posts about everything under the sun. Some blogs are too limited in scope to only food in Korea, etc. but this one has just enough of the informative posts and great personal anecdotes. If you haven't read it yet, check it out!
05:59 AM November 19, 2012
Quite simply the best blog I've ever read. Id have chosen 10 stars had you given me the choice.
09:06 AM November 19, 2012
Love love LOVE this blog! Quote Friday is most certainly my favourite part, with everything else coming a very close second!
12:05 PM November 19, 2012
Absolutely fantastic, as a teacher in Bangkok I can relate to quite a lot of the random contributions from her class! Has me in stitches, Quote Friday is definitely a highlight :) Love it, keep up the good work.
13:04 PM November 19, 2012
This is a great blog!! It is one of my favorites!
02:40 AM November 20, 2012
Every week I look forward to the hilarious quotes and timewasters. The cooking tips, and random stories are added bonuses! Funniest blog about expat living by far! Nothing comes close!
09:28 AM November 20, 2012
Love this blog quote Fridays are the best
09:33 AM November 20, 2012
Great blog - keep it up :)
10:37 AM November 20, 2012
This is a great blog... my favorite by far!
15:12 PM November 20, 2012
Always look forward to Tuesdays and Fridays when I can read the blogs they make you forget about all your worries...best destressor you can have...keep it up.
15:59 PM November 20, 2012
Love this blog, so funny, my fave is Tuesday Timewasters ;)
09:27 AM November 21, 2012
I love this blog! It's so hilarious and creative! Love reading it!
01:51 AM November 30, 2012
Great blog! Love it! Hilarious and informative. I really like quote Fridays! Keep up the good work! It's great.
03:28 AM November 30, 2012
The only bad thing I can say about this blog is that it makes me sad that my students aren't nearly as funny and interesting! Excellent work. Quote Friday is a joy and the personal articles give great insight into life in Korea. It makes me want to visit!
04:44 AM November 30, 2012
This blog is hilarious, informative, interesting and extremely well written. A true to life account of what it's really like to be an expat in South Korea, a lot of wit without the bullsh.... A blog for people who don't necessarily read blogs :)
12:26 PM November 30, 2012
Jenny's blog gives the best insight into the awesomeness and the insanity that is living and teaching in South Korea. Plus, she is a lovely person, a great writer and nice enough to help me feed my Skin Food/ Face Shop addiction now that I don't live in Korea anymore. The Ketchup War is brilliant :)
13:42 PM December 04, 2012
Hilarious Korea stories -- You don't have to be an English teacher in Korea to appreciate this blog, but it sure doesn't hurt!
14:35 PM December 04, 2012
So hilarious. Can't believe I haven't been reading this forever.
03:25 AM December 10, 2012
The Ketchup War is a brilliant blog. I've lived in Asia myself so I really enjoy the hilarious anecdotes about Korean life. Tuesday Timewasters and Quotes Friday posts are also fantastic for entertainment whenever you've got some time to kill.
07:18 AM December 11, 2012
This blog is HIlarious! Everyone should read it, expat or not :)
12:57 PM December 11, 2012
Great blog! Enjoy it each week! :)
12:59 PM December 11, 2012
Keep on rocking in the blog world!!
14:34 PM December 11, 2012
Love it! Really love it! Can't stop reading the timewasters and quotes each week!